I'm All A'Twitter

    Tweet on Twitter

    Saturday, October 22, 2005

    The Rum was Running


    I'm finally able to be upright today. I keep telling myself that I'm never going to drink again. But you know I will. (As a matter of fact, I'm leaving soon to go to a party.)

    I actually got carded last night. That's funny! I never get carded anymore. We didn't have to pay a cover charge as a friend had won a free party with free food to boot. Which I needed because I didn't have time to eat all day and I know better than to drink on an empty stomach (see previous post).

    The bar is a two level building. The upstairs is the dueling piano bar that is always so packed that you can't walk through. That can be fun because you have to grind people as you try to walk by. I decided that I couldn't take anymore grinding so I went downstairs to the dance floor.

    Another friend's kids were down there. Her daughter is 21 and her son is 22 (how did they get that old?). They were nice to the old lady (me). Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you're looking at it, Long Island Iced Teas were only $2. This spells disaster for everyone because we all got trashed.

    I'm not a smoker, but I do like to light up when I'm in a bar. It's amazing how freely people give you cigarettes. I started bumming them off of my friend's son. Did I mention that this guy is absolutely gorgeous? And he's a bad boy. We had some great conversations. I gave him motherly advise about girls and then somehow we ended up dirty dancing. I would NEVER do this if I was sober especially not with my friend's hot 22 year old. I think I predicted that I would somehow get some ass. At some point there were two guys dancing with me sandwiched in between. I have to say that it was an exciting night.

    At some point I was hustle dancing with some militant young African Americans who where surprised that an old white girl knew the dances and could keep up. I'm glad those hustle lessons finally paid off.

    The "kids" and I decided to leave at 1:30am. When we got outside we all just stood around staring at each other trying to figure out who could drive. None of us could at least I wasn't going to let them. I had to call my husband and have him come and get me and my partying buddies. He took 2 of them home. I'm sure my friend will thank me for getting her kids home safely.

    Now I am left to feel somewhat ashamed of my actions last night. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to look these people in the eye the next time we meet. I hate that. But I have to admit that is was so fun to be with the young crowd.

    6 comments:

    sassinak said...

    damn dude that sounds like a great night except for one little detail

    you actually have to see those folks again!

    d'oh!

    still they're probably delighted and will be verra happy to see you again.

    The Seeker said...

    Have a Rum and a smile. Any questions? heh heh

    SignGurl said...

    Sass- It was a fun night. I got to see my friend last night (her son is the hawt 22 year old). She wasn't offended and we laughed about how dancing has changed recently. I told her that the dancing only became wild after much debouchery (sp?).

    Seeker- I'd love to have a Rum and a smile with you!

    DZER said...

    party hearty!!

    sounds like a blast, darlin' ... glad you had so much fun

    ... said...

    aw! your officially the milf! It's the friend i would have trouble looking in the eye....not the son.

    "Jesus loves you more than you will know"

    The Seeker said...

    Tell me more, tell me more...