I'm All A'Twitter

    Tweet on Twitter

    Wednesday, December 14, 2005

    Stress!



    I had a major migraine yesterday. I saw an ora that reminded me of Wayne's World where Wayne and Garth do the do da do da do....do da do da do (say it really fast) and wave their arms back and forth to simulate a dream. (Work with me here people. How do you type sounds?) I've never had my vision affected so severely. I had a hard time walking. Like being drunk but without the fun.

    One of my earliest memories is of a headache so terrible that I thought I would die. I was about 5 or 6. My aunt gave me an aspirin and I literally passed out and woke up 2 hours later. Funny thing was, no one seemed to care that they couldn't wake me. As a parent that would alarm me.

    I had never been diagnosed until about 3 years ago. My previous doctor told me it was a stress headache. This is also the same doctor who diagnosed me with a chronic cold. He ran away, literally and they never found him. After he ran, I saw a different doctor who looked in my throat and said that I needed to have my tonsils removed for the second time. They were huge! I never knew that they could grow back. Turns out that if they didn't get the whole tonsil, they can grow back as a tonsil tag. I will enlighten you about being an adult having your tonsils out. DON'T DO IT! It was horrible. They scraped my throat down as far as they could without going into my brain and guess what? They're Back! I will never, I repeat, NEVER do that again.

    Back to the migranes. New doctor says my symptoms are classic migrane and he gave me medication for them. Woohoo!! Now instead of suffering for days or even weeks, it's only half a day before I'm back to myself. The meds don't affect me too severely except that I need to sleep them off like a bad drunk.

    I come by the headaches naturally. My father suffers terribly with them and so did his dad. Since they are men they never go to the doctor. What's up with that? Someone enlighten me.

    2 comments:

    SignGurl said...

    Sheesh Gigi! Chill out or you're going to scare all the men away.

    barman said...

    Yes Gigi, they are all nightmares until you find Mr right now. Somehow I think you need to change your bait or your hunting grounds or something as you should have bagged one by now.

    I have had bad enough headaches that kill me but they seem to have stopped more or less. They are in the back just above where the neck and the head meet. I get to were light hurts, well anything hurts. I take Tylenol and hope and pray that it works and about an hour later it is better. Eventually it leaves. I have not had it bad for a while. It sounds like the migranes make my headaches look like a pin prick.

    Glad the doc figured it out and the meds help Jenn.