I'm All A'Twitter

    Tweet on Twitter

    Tuesday, December 11, 2007

    Hormonal Me

    Well, my little chickadees, it's time for a little TMI from SignGurl. I know you all have been dying to know how things are working out with my endometrial ablation. Even if you aren't, I'm going to tell you anyway.

    The reason I had this procedure to cauterize the lining of my uterus was because I've always had terrible problems with my monthly cycle with excessive bleeding and cramping so bad that it affected my daily activities since I was a teen.

    This procedure can completely stop menses (bleeding) in a high percentage of women. Since I had bariatric surgery, there is always the chance that I can become anemic because of such heavy blood loss. I can no longer take NSAIDs, the only medication that worked for cramps because they are hard on the stomach.

    When I first spoke to the doctor about endometrial ablation, he told me that the procedure would probably not help with the cramping since the uterus is still in tact and should still do it's job by contracting (this is what causes the cramping) . This was contrary to all the information I had read previously.

    I'm happy to report that today is the first day of menstruation for me and I've had almost no bleeding and no cramping. The only issue I have is being super emotional. I cried on my way to work because I heard "Annie's Song" by John Denver. Have you ever really listened to that song? Here are the lyrics:


    You fill up my senses like a night in the forest,
    like the mountains in springtime, like a walk in the rain,
    like a storm in the desert, like a sleepy blue ocean.
    You fill up my senses, come fill me again.

    Come let me love you, let me give my life to you,
    let me drown in your laughter, let me die in your arms,
    let me lay down beside you, let me always be with you.
    Come let me love you, come love me again.



    What? You didn't cry when you read or heard them? Maybe it's just me and all my hormones.

    Oh yeah, I cried yesterday while watching Spanglish during the scene where the maid
    alters the clothing that the mother bought too small on purpose for her heavy daughter. It touched me. Or maybe I'm "touched" in the head.

    I have one last bit of TMI to report. You are not allowed to put anything into your vagina for two weeks after endometrial ablation to allow the uterus to heal. NOTHING! So, my two weeks is up Wednesday. Woo hoo!!! I'm free to place anything I want in there. Oh, the possibilities...

    13 comments:

    G-Man said...

    You couldn't even wait till I commented on my birthday post you hoser!!
    You and your fucking hormones!!!

    G-Man said...

    And BTW...
    1.) I'm very happy that your monkey's nose does not bleed as bad now.

    2.) I'm very happy that your procedure was a success..

    3.) I'm very happy for Mr. Sign about Wednesday.

    Thanks baby..You Rock!
    xoxox

    lime said...

    ROFLMAO!!! girl, you crack my shit up. it's hoohaw madness part deux!!!

    well happy 2 weeks to you and mr sign and whatever else you decide to put up there. :P lol

    Anonymous said...

    girl, you are too funny! oh, that made me laugh there about how the possibilities are endless.

    well, i for one, did cry as well at those song lyrics. but i gots bad PMS right now and my hormones are just a'ragin'! haha! loved those lyrics though.

    glad your procedure was successful!! :)

    SignGurl said...

    G-Man~ I waited as long as I could. That post was up over 27 hours so :P

    G-Man~ How many names do you have for a hoo ha? On second thought, I don't wanna know.

    Lime~ I'm glad I got to provide you with a little entertainment on an otherwise boring day.

    Katie~ PMS will kick your brain's a$$ every time. I hate being so emotional.

    Rebicmel~ Thank you so much! I can't wait for the lovefest to begin ;)

    Unknown said...

    Bleeding sux. I'm glad this is working out for you, Jenn. Do they keep track of your estrogen? Mine is still flushing way righteously. This may also play some part in your hormonal profile.

    *S*

    wisdomstuff said...

    Hey woman! I also had that procedure done in October. If you want to chat about it, let me know. You can email me at wisdomstuff@gmail.com. I didn't behave quite so well with that two week thing, but I think that was due to the insistance to someone else and not me. At first I wasn't so sure I was happy with the results but right now things are going well. ((HUGS)) to you.

    Real Live Lesbian said...

    Hope you and Mr. Sign enjoy breaking it in again!

    Crabby said...

    I get stuck in real life, away from blogland, for days, come back and find out:
    1. G had a birthday which I missed!
    2. Mr. Sign has probably been depressed and irritable for almost two whole weeks.
    3. After Wednesday Sign may be featured on, "Lusty Blondes do it all night long."

    But sadly, I got no reaction at all to John Denver's love song. (sigh) I'm a cold bitch. I read it and thought...I remember that song...he keeps sayin the same thing over and over.
    Ok...go ahead people...throw things. I can take it.

    OH CRAP! I just remembered, Sign is ridin' the menstrual emotions, roller coaster ...aka....The Menses Monster. And I just insulted John Denver. She's either gonna cry...or buy a gun and come lookin' for me. Either way, I'll be under the bed. Don't tell her.

    Deech said...

    Glad to hear that things are better for you. Sorry that your Hormones are topsy turvy. I am dealing with a teenage daughter right now so I am at the receiving end of this...I think.

    On Wednesday I will raise a glass in your direction and salute you and Mr. Sign.

    Flyinfox_SATX

    BTExpress said...

    For me, this was TMI until I got to the last paragraph.

    So, what did you find to shove in there? ;-)

    Donna said...

    You're asking someone that cries at the holiday McDonald's commercials! LOL

    jillie said...

    LOL@g-man....a monkey's nose? Now that's a first. I hear you on the emotional stuff. After I had my hysterectomy in 92, I started crying, more like BAWLING my head off at a toilet paper commerical...WTF????