I'm All A'Twitter

    Tweet on Twitter

    Saturday, December 22, 2007

    Overcompensating

    Somebody needs to stop me. I just made another batch of fudge. That makes 9 pounds I've made in the last week. I don't even eat the stuff. I think I want to see others happy eating what I know made me happy before weight loss surgery.

    The sugar free cookies we made turned out really well. I've got quite a knack for rearranging ingredients to suit my post gastric bypass needs. Now, if I could just figure out how to remove the calories and fat, I'd probably be the wealthiest person in the world.

    I have spent every single Christmas Eve with my dad since I was born. When I got out into the world on my own, he has always come to my house to celebrate. This year will change that since he had hip replacement surgery a few weeks ago and the doctor will not allow him to leave his home until he finishes in home therapy.

    We celebrated with him last weekend but it just wasn't the same. The worst part is that my step mom is leaving today to go to Florida, leaving my dad alone for the holidays. She didn't inform me of this until my dad was in surgery. I was very torn about whether I should change plans or just forget the whole thing. I don't feel comfortable cooking in his house and he lives a ways away.

    I decided today that I'm still going to make dinner and celebrate with my sister, mom, step dad and grandparents. I'd have to cook anyway and my house is all decorated, so on with the festivities!! My dad said that he has a whole line of people that will be visiting him during Christmas Eve and Christmas day, so he won't be lonely.

    I would like to wish you a
    Merry Christmas
    and hope that you are able to enjoy these precious days with your families.



    15 comments:

    lime said...

    i finished my cookie blitz and the tally came to 81 dozen....you and i are clearly insane.

    i am sorry to hear about your dad and stepmom, her arrangement and the way she told you sounds very weird to me. i'm glad at least yoru dad won't be all by himself.

    have a very merry christmas!

    Anonymous said...

    My dad had his hip replaced almost 3 months ago and it was really rough on him. i hope your dad is healing well.:)

    That fudge sounds yummy!

    Have a very Merry Christmas, sign. Much love to you and yours, girl! :)

    ell said...

    all the best to you for a joyous holiday!

    Big Pissy said...

    Happy Holidays, Jenn! :)

    jillie said...

    I can't make cookies this year and dammit, after I am done and out of this freakin cast....I am baking cookies!

    Hey, can you email the sugar free cookies?

    9 pounds of fudge? Oh I love fudge. I love it all.

    That's great your dad will have company for Christmas. Nobody likes to spend it alone.

    Merry Christmas Jenn xo

    kimmyk said...

    i think i am going to do candy and cookies tonight. fudge. oh how i miss you fudge. gahhhh. but...the whole sickness that comes with it makes me realize i'll pass.

    i hope you have a merry christmas with your families sg.

    see you after the shiny new year!

    barman said...

    I cut down this year. I ended up making some Chex Mix and but only about 6 double batches. Normally I make about 10 to 12. That still took time prepping and doing the work. I can not imagine all the work to do what you and Lime did. Yikes.

    I may be on my own for Christmas, I have not made up my mind yet. I think I am coming down with something and I can not afford to be around my Mom if I am. Also who wants to get others sick.

    I am glad your Dad will have all the visitors. You have a wonderful time with all the guests.

    GAB said...

    Ok I hit the wrong thing here. WOW that is a lot of fudge....you can send some to me....Oh wait I forgot I cant eat Chocolate. :(

    G-Man said...

    I'm coming over right NOW!!!
    Merry Christmas Jenn..
    xoxoxox

    ZigZagMan said...

    from one michigander to another...Merry Christmas!! :)

    Anonymous said...

    Wow! You are more than energetic, I could do with some of that energy today!!!
    Have a wonderful Christmas!!!!

    Cha Cha said...

    Holy Shit, Signbabe!

    I just caught up on your blog and boy did I ever miss the HNT!

    Hum-unna, Hum-unna...

    Sorry, I had to wipe the drool culminating around my neckline.

    I'm better now.

    Congrats on the 180 mark. That is unbelievable. Rock on with your bad self, girlie. That is SO AWESOME. Woo!

    May you have your bells jingled under the Mistletoe in celebratory fashion and then some....

    Cheers, Signbabe!

    Happy holidaze.

    Charles said...

    Merry Christmas to you and your's.

    Manny said...

    Merry Christmas Signgurl.

    xo

    Evalinn said...

    Merry Christmas Signgurl! :-)