I'm All A'Twitter

    Tweet on Twitter

    Tuesday, August 12, 2008

    I've Got Nothing

    Not a whole lot has been going on in my world lately. Work has been a little slow. All of my projects have been put on hold.

    I used to have no problem staying home doing nothing. I spent 10 years raising the girls, working only when Mr. Sign wasn't, so that we didn't have to put them in daycare. I worked cleaning houses, sometimes up to 12 per week. There always seemed to be something to do then.

    Now, if I'm home, I feel useless. Maybe it's because I don't weigh close to 400 pounds, but now my house is easier to keep up and my laundry is always done. I hadn't really thought about how much easier my life is physically since losing weight. I used to have to plan my day around staying in the basement to do the laundry because I couldn't run up and down the stairs. How pathetic is that?

    I have been able to work out a lot lately. I'm still exercising at Curves and walking between 4 and 6 miles a day. Walking in the evening has allowed me much time to get my thoughts together. I am addicted.

    So, today I'm going to work on my tan and my freakishly blonde hair. The sun is zapping all the color from it.



    Have a great day!!

    10 comments:

    barman said...

    See, you have plenty to work on then. Enjoy the rays, it sounds like a nice day for it.

    lime said...

    hey i could have used you hear last week when i had a mountain of BO and swamp smelling laundry...eww...

    live it up girl, you earned it.

    G-Man said...

    Nothing to do
    Nothing to do
    Put some mustard in your shoe.
    All day long you sit and think..
    About all things hard,
    And some things pink.....
    xox

    SignGurl said...

    Barman~ It's beautiful already!!

    Lime~ I wish I could have been there to help you with the mountain...ewww...

    Dr. Suess, er, G-Man~ Waxing poetic I see.

    Missy said...

    Jenn transitions in life aren't always easy, but the fact that you're feeling better, getting around better and finding yourself is a good thing.

    Anonymous said...

    that is such a pretty picture of you signgurl!!

    Have a terrific Tuesday!

    The Savage said...

    Today is a good day for a bike ride.... or something like that.

    Sicilian said...

    Gurl. . . . I long for some days off just to stay home. . . . no appointments. . . no shopping. . . just organizing and cleaning and throwing away. . . ok don't tell Sweetie the last thing.
    I love to read you because I honestly can't imagine how much better you feel with all that weight off. You bring to light the things that I take for granted. . . .
    Enjoy your time at home.
    Ciao

    kimmyk said...

    i need to stay home and work on my tan and color my hair.

    and do laundry.

    good for you taking time for yourself!

    Mouthy Girl said...

    Hope you worked on your tan for me as well! My lily-white ass is staying out of the sun. Go girl!