I'm All A'Twitter

    Tweet on Twitter

    Thursday, September 25, 2008

    Thursday Portraits

    I was going through some old pictures and decided to scan a few. I apologize for the quality. I can't figure out why they are so grainy.

    This is #1 and me taken on a wagon train trip 4 years ago.
    Yes, we rode on wagons for days behind teams of mules and horses.
    My biggest let down was when it was time to go horseback riding and I was too fat:

    <span class=

    SignGurl in action taken in 2003:

    <span class=

    Another wagon train picture taken after camping
    for 3 days with no electricity:

    <span class=

    My senior year in high school taken in Orlando, FL in 1987.
    I was really shocked at how heavy I was. I didn't feel that fat then.
    I weigh about 15 pounds less now than I did then:

    <span class=

    This is me today:

    Photobucket

    My weight held me back from doing so much. Every day I find something else that I can do that I couldn't before. Life is good!


    12 comments:

    lime said...

    you've come a long way baby!! well done!

    Sheri said...

    Pretty amazing to see what we can do nowadays. Each day is a new awakening.

    Mona said...

    Life's good & it will get better!

    Susy said...

    Wowza... it's the little things to be most happy about huh.

    Your smile say's it all!

    Keep smiling! :)

    GAB said...

    WOW JENN!!!!!!!!
    You've come such a long ways and you look FAB! How's your mom doing?

    barman said...

    Who would have believed you would want to post these picture. Now they serve as a reminder of where you came from but more importantly how very much you have accomplished with all the determination you have mustered. You are amazing.

    Michele in Michigan said...

    Thanks for sharing, Jenn.

    kimmyk said...

    i dont know that i could go back and look at myself through the years without breaking down and bawling my head off.

    it's so hard to see where we were....but like lime said...you've come a long way baby!!! good for you! you look so much younger....

    The Savage said...

    You soooo rock... and the senior pic.... hummina....

    Danyele said...

    You look just fantastic!

    Evening said...

    You look happy. That beautiful smile of yours says alot. Congratulations on your success.

    Leigh said...

    You have made so many changes in your life and have worked so hard to get where you are today. You should be so proud of yourself. I agree with everyone, you are gorgeous, although I think you are just as gorgeous then as you are now, you just weren't as healthy and your eyes smile brighter now.

    Thanks for sharing!!