I'm All A'Twitter

    Tweet on Twitter

    Friday, July 28, 2006

    A Few Things...

    First, I want to ask a question about my template. The Seeker said that it's hard to read. I don't seem to have any problem. Let me know what you all think because I'm open for suggestions. Doesn't mean I'm going to do it though.

    The fire truck was not an actual fire engine. It was a huge cube van that is the Fire Investigation Unit for a whole county. Manny, that's almost like a mobile CSI unit, right? Unfortunately, these firemen that we deal with are not the hot sweaty ones. Don't get me wrong, they are nice. Just not my cup of tea.

    It took us 2 days to finish instead of 1/2 a day because of the humidity. I stood on the scaffold and ladders all day yesterday. My clothes became like a second skin from all the persperation. Yuck! I drank about a gallon of water and never had to go to the bathroom. I guess there are some positive aspects of sweat.

    The humidity this summer has been incredible. I don't mind heat but humidity seems to suck all the life out of me. Everything hurts including my stomach. Bleah!

    I found out yesterday that the medical facility still hasn't given the information to the insurance company. My response was that they must not want my business very badly. I let them know that there is a Bariatric Center literally in my back yard and I had no qualms about going to the other center. Since Mr. Sign and I are both going there, they stand to lose approximately $100,000. This is total bullshit! It's been almost 10 weeks and I'm tired of being jerked around. The insurance company has been surprisingly easy to work with.

    What is the most disheartening to me is the time line. I had thought that I would have had the surgery by the end of June giving me the entire summer to get in the groove of life after gastric bypass surgery. Now, I'll be running into the girls' school schedules. Double Bleah!

    This weekend will be very busy. Party tomorrow and christening on Sunday. It's supposed to be 95 degrees on Sunday and I bought a long sleeve shear blouse. I hope you have a cooler weekend than I'm sure to have.

    7 comments:

    Crabby said...

    Sign, I can see your posts fine. Wish I could see Tumble's as well. I swear I can't read hers at all. It's a bummer. sigh.

    Good for you for letting them have it at the medical facility!

    I'm suffering similiar crap with remodel stuff and I know it's making me crazy so I can't even imagine what you are going through. Your's is much more important than anything I'm doing here.

    I hope things start rolling for you soon, kiddo.

    Manny said...

    Your blog shows up just fine. It's mine that messes up for me. takes a few minute for all my writing to show up and that is without the pics.

    our mobile crime lab is manned by a very sexy brunette with shoulder length hair. He is soooo very hot. he was undercover, guess he still might be only with different duties. I just love being on the elevator with him. I always stand in front of him and I swear the guy always takes a step forward. Mmmmm

    I hate the humidity.

    GAB said...

    Oh no we stand at 98* and humidity is another 50% heat index is 105.And will be this way all weekend and most of next week. Your template looks ok to me. Dont ya just love insurance companies? ours paid my hospital bill then took it back so I now owe 33,000.00. At 25.00 a month......maybe my great grandkids could pay it off!

    Suze said...

    So, no firemen. :( I wouldn't have minded getting hot and sweaty with them. ;)

    I can't believe they are messing you around with the paperwork. It's bad enough going through everything you already have without all this on top.

    Hope your party goes well tonight and the christening tomorrow. You will make excellent godparents.

    We currently have 35 degrees and it is killing me. I have to keep drinking lots and lots of red wine to keep up my fluids. :D

    Manny said...

    BTW, it probably is close to the same thing. Ours is a big giant ugly dark blue. But the driver...Mmmmmmmm Sexy!

    DZER said...

    I have no trouble with your template

    Sorry about the fire guys not being smoking enough ... heh

    Stupid medical center!

    Have fun!

    LOL

    Anonymous said...

    I'm so sorry you are going through all of this stress with the medical facility jenn.
    It was stressful enough to finally make the decision and then to have to wait is ridiculous.

    You're right, this humidity is awful, suffocating..make it stop.
    Next week is supposed to be mid 90's...eeeeeeeeeeeeek
    tc