I'm All A'Twitter

    Tweet on Twitter

    Monday, July 10, 2006

    Weekend and WLS update

    Today is #1's actual birthday. My oldest baby is 14. I'll try and post a few pictures of the pond later this week.

    The weekend was a success. Friday didn't work out as well as I had hoped timing wise. The friend from Georgia, Becky, ended up coming early which was great for me because I got to spend some time with her. I thought the plan was for all of us to spend the entire evening together but she had made plans to visit her uncle for dinner. The other friend, Stacy, didn't make it until just before Becky had to leave. They did get to chat and we made plans to road trip in Stacy's new red convertible Corvette to visit Becky in Georgia. There wasn't even time to imbibe in alcohol.

    I'm really proud of both friends. Becky has been in the Air Force for 14 years and will be able to retire in 6 years. She became an officer a few years ago. The Air Force has put her through college and helped her see the world.

    Stacy works in logistics. She is considering retiring soon. She invested her money in the company she works for well and she may be able to retire. She's only 36! I always knew that they would both be successful. I became successful in other areas. I have a beautiful family and wouldn't trade them for all the money in the world.

    On the weight loss surgery front, I got a letter a couple of weeks ago saying that the insurance company needed more info from the hospital. Stupid stuff like whether or not it was inpatient or outpatient surgery (what do you think? They are rearranging your guts.) and whether the surgery facility is in network. I assumed that the hospital was taking care of answering the questions (that should have been answered in the original request). I called to make sure they had sent the info back to the insurance company and the hospital claims to never have received it. It was faxed, mailed and emailed so I don't know how they didn't get it. I faxed them my copy and they called to let me know they had faxed the info needed back to the insurance company.

    I've been in limbo with this whole waiting process. I've put my life and my family's life on hold to wait for this surgery. I'm so disgusted with myself because I was sure I would have already been on my way to losing weight by now. I hope I hear something soon.

    13 comments:

    cadbury_vw said...

    happy birthday to #1

    ----

    i'm glad you had time to spend with friends

    when a person has kids, and work - all too often we retreat to our core "duties" and don't spend as much time as needed to keep up with ourselves - and out friends

    ----

    perhaps viewing the difficulties with your surgery as just one more test of willpower and determination (sort of a biblical "trials of Job" thing) would help you overcome the upset caused thus far

    every worthwhile effort will have a few extra bumps

    Mouthy Girl said...

    Don't EVEN begin to blame YOURSELF for the inconsistencies of a larger system. Insurance companies and hospitals have a long history of not working together OR working SO WELL that people don't get the treatment they deserve and PAY FOR.

    I love you! Know you have all the support in the world.

    MamaKBear said...

    Yeah! What buddha_girl said!

    I know it's hard, but you're going to have to have some patience...I'm going through the same kinds of frustrations waiting to get started on adopting the girls, so I know how you feel.

    It will happen, I know it will...good things come to those who wait! Big hugs to you!

    Suze said...

    Many Happy Returns #1. I wish I was 14 again. Sigh!

    Jenn, be patient sweetheart, I know things are going a bit slow. It seems to me that loosing paperwork is a global thing. I bet they forgot to submit it and then said they hadn't recieved it.

    I'm sure it's not long now till the countdown to the new you. ;)

    Roxi said...

    I love you..

    no really..

    I love you

    Crabby said...

    Happy birthday to #1. Tell her have lots and lots of fun.

    And don't fret over your surgery stuff. It's all gonna work out. Everyone will be happy. Especially me cause you'll be happy and healthier which means you'll be around to play with me when I hit 100. WOOT!

    DZER said...

    I'll be crossing my fingers that your insurance company gets its head out of its ass.

    *hugs and smooches*

    Liz said...

    Hang in there honey. It's a comin. We'll all be watching the pounds fall off before you know it.

    Since your not jealous of your friends' success, can I be ;)

    Hazed said...

    Belated birthday wishes to #1. I'm wishing you all the luck in the world with the surgery. I believe it will happen. It just has to. Your heart tells you it will...I heard it talking to you just the other day. *smooch*

    sassinak said...

    wow
    she's retiring at 36
    i'm 34 and just found my calling

    life's funny

    Crabby said...

    Sign get over to the cowpie field. You are front and center HNT, baby!

    Tumbleweed said...

    Happy Birthday little girl!

    Sign: you just hang in there babe....I'm on the edge of my seat with you!!

    tami said...

    It'll happen, I promise... I consulted with LaToya Jackson and she said that... just kidding.

    It gets better, sweetie!!!