I'm All A'Twitter

    Tweet on Twitter

    Monday, October 30, 2006

    A quick update

    Things are going quite well. The pain hasn't been too bad except for one insision that turned black. I've been walking a lot. I got to walk outside today twice with a friend. I was only able to go about 4 blocks before I felt like I had better turn around. I'm sure that will get better.

    The food part is slightly puzzling to me. Real food smells so good to me sometimes. Like cottage cheese and eggs. It's weird because I didn't think I would want anything. The liquids are going down great. I'm scared because I can eat 1/4 cup of jello (1/2 package) in one sitting and don't think I feel full. I was also able to eat half a pack of soup with no problems. I'm scared I'm eating too much. I'm still not getting in the 4 packs that I'm supposed to.

    I have a small issue with my right thigh. It's been numb, like it's fallen asleep since I got home. If it's not better by tomorrow the surgeon wants an ultrasound to rule out blood clots. I really think it's from sitting and laying so much. I'm not used to not doing stuff.

    I want to share all the gory details but will have to wait as this typing takes a lot out of you.


    Sal said...

    No worries Sweetie, I’ll massage your thigh for ya!

    barman said...

    I am amazed and thankful that you are able to update.

    I know when I was off with my full gul bladder operation I was given the option to work from home. I passed. It was just to tiring of even thinking of getting on the computer for more than a little while.

    So you get to do virgin jello shots? ;)

    Pop in when you feel better and good for you on getting up an out. It is a struggle but it will help you in the long run.

    kimmyk said...

    I remember being on the liquid phase of the new diet. I never felt "full" either and that's because the liquids don't stay with you they're leaving all the time. The food [actual food food] stays in your stomach but the liquids just drain so that's probably why you're not ever getting that "oh my gosh i couldnt eat another bite" feeling of fullness.

    4 BLOCKS? That is great! Sounds like you're doing well if you're up and out walking that much. Sorry to hear about your leg though...make sure you keep an eye on that.

    *BIG HUGS*

    gab said...

    good to know your up and moving. Sorry to hear about leg hope all turns out well. Hugs

    Snow White said...

    With the exception of the thigh thing, it sounds as if you're doing great! I'm glad it's going so well for you. And I'm glad you're keeping us posted. Take care of you! I'm sure Mr. Sign and your mom are helping as they can, too!


    Fridaysweb said...

    Darlin', I haven't commented before now because...well...because surgery scares the shit outta me. I am SOOO happy you're doing so well and this whole ordeal is over with. Hopefully, the leg thing is just a thang, and nothing major. Listen to the doc and take your time healing. Would it be too mushy if I told you that I love you to pieces? Okay, so I won't say it out loud, then ;)


    Manny said...

    Don't worry about not feeling full. You will, as soon as you start back on solid food.

    My friend who had the surgery fills up quick. For lunch, she and I are able to share an 8 inch pizza, and she hardly ever finishes her half.

    There for a while she was using an eliptic machine to work out on. Her behind went right back to where it belongs. She spent something like 40 minutes a day, 4 days a week, for 3 month's. LMAO, I feel good if I can get 20 minutes in.

    Her weight was something like 320 lbs. before surgery, now she is at something like 160 or 170.

    Kristen said...

    *thinking of you*

    Anonymous said...

    I'm so happy for you, your going to be so glad that you had this surgery. The weight is going to just melt off of you. Let me know if you need anything from Tennessee, I'll make sure I get it to you....and you scared the shit out of me with the Jenn comment, yesterday. Thanks for that....

    Nonny said...

    Baby steps buddy. One day at a time. Hope everythings ok with the leg.

    crabcake said...

    You went out for two walks? Damn woman! You're getting more exercise than me. LOL!

    I hope your leg is ok. It probably is.

    I think you're doing great and I wanna hear all the details. Rest and get better. I'm so tickled for you!

    Anonymous said...

    Glad to hear you are making such great progress Jenn.
    Hope you continue to feel better.

    I'll skip any post with gory details because I might throw up or faint or possibly both.

    DZER said...

    glad you're feeling better, darlin' ... and hope you're fully recovered post haste ... *smooch*

    BTExpress said...

    Glad to hear your up and around. Not glad about the leg. Hope it turns out to be nothing.

    Chrissie said...

    wow good for you! Hope the leg is ok?... Did you Dr tell you to get up and move ever 45 minutes? or at least rotate your feet for 3 - 5 minutes? Thats what mine told me... reason: to avoid blood clots.

    jillie said...

    YAY...sounds like your doing fairly well...keep up the good work and yeah the boobs are always the first to go :o(