I'm All A'Twitter

    Tweet on Twitter

    Monday, July 28, 2008

    Ahhh!!

    I got a text from my friend who lives on the West coast (of Michigan) on Saturday evening. She invited me to come over and enjoy her pool and spend the night. How could I pass that up? No kids, no husband, no worries.

    So, I literally threw my crap in a bag in less than a minute and was on my way. I remembered when I got halfway there that I forgot my pajamas (probably because I never wear them, ever).

    I cannot tell you how awesome it was just to float around the pool while my worries and troubles dissolved in the water. Could have been the alcohol helping with that, not sure.

    This friend is the best friend I have in this world. We went to kindergarten through high school, so we are closer than my sister and I. We got to reminisce about old times and the times to come.

    Sunday we spent the entire day in the sun. I was sun drunk. I had not given a thought to home and all of my responsibilities until I realized it was 5:30 pm and I had an hour and a half drive home.

    I called Mr. Sign and he gave his blessing for me to spend extra night. Lucky for me, I don't have to work today so everything worked out just perfectly.

    I'm just going to chill a little more until I have to be thrown back to reality.

    13 comments:

    Dark Lady said...

    that sounds absolutely fabulous!
    Good for you, you deserve that kind of relaxation

    lime said...

    special to have a friend like that and the time to share together. :)

    Mona said...

    ah! what a fabulous treat that was!
    I don't wear pajamas either...I like to feel 'free' in my loose white tees while I sleep :)

    Sheri said...

    Good for you, I'm craving a time like that right now

    Lori said...

    Gawd I would KILL for a break like that! *piss...moan*
    Glad you were able to relax and enjoy your friend! :)

    KJ said...

    Oh how awesome!!!

    Women should really do that for themselves more often.

    We deserve it

    barman said...

    Glad you had some catch up time and a nice break from reality. Sometimes you just need to take time for yourself.

    I know what you mean about the PJs. I would not want people to see me the way I sleep so I need to remember the PJs also. Luckily I almost always pack something that can double as PJs in an emergency.

    The Savage said...

    I sleep nekkid... just thought I'd share....

    Sicilian said...

    Sounds like a wonderful mini vacation. . . . . Love pjs. . . and I have grown fond of sexy ones these days.
    Ciao

    kimmyk said...

    yeahhhhh good for you!!!!

    everyone should have weekends like that!

    G-Man said...

    Whoa,whoa,whoa.....
    Mona?????
    You sleep in NOTHING but a T-Shirt?
    Are you shittin me?



    Jenn....?
    Where are the pics????

    xo

    BTExpress said...

    Nice little get away.

    Sleeping commando is the way to go! I've been doing that forever. I even got Lori to go commando too.

    Lori said...

    Jen!!!!! Regarding your weight post on your twitter thingie...

    WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!