I'm All A'Twitter

    Tweet on Twitter

    Tuesday, July 29, 2008

    I Am A Loser

    When I started my weight loss journey, I was happy with the thought of weighing less than 300 pounds. I sheepishly set my goal and was quite sure I'd never see it. As the weight started to drop, I became more optimistic that I'd weigh somewhere in the low 200's. For most people, that sounds like a lot to weigh, but when you started at 384 pounds, that's a reasonable goal.

    Most of you know that I've been working out voraciously. I pushed myself beyond what I thought I was capable of, pushing through the pain. I was beginning to believe it was all for naught. I couldn't seem to get the scale to move, nor get my inches down. Something told me to stick with it.

    Imagine my surprise and excitement when I got on the scale this morning to see this:


    In case you are not a math wizard, that is a loss of 200 pounds!! Woo hoo!! My BMI (Body Mass Index) started at 62% and is currently 29.7% which means that I am no longer super morbidly obese. I'm just overweight. Can you tell I'm jumping up and down?!?!

    I continue to be amazed at what I can accomplish. When I see something I want to attain, I'm going to go at it for all I'm worth. This has been the most incredible journey to finding out what I'm really made of.

    22 comments:

    Dark Lady said...

    you've lost 2 small people!

    Congratulations Beautiful!!!

    Kim H. said...

    Or you've lost 4 children!! WOW! I'm so happy for you... you deserve a massage or a new piece of jewelry... something to celebrate your accomplishment!!

    lime said...

    bravo!!! you've lost more than half of yourself!

    Debbie said...

    Way to go!!!!! Thats wonderful!

    G-Man said...

    ....and all of your mind!

    G-Man said...

    Damn....an interloper!
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    You Rock!!!
    Congrats sweetie...xox

    kimmyk said...

    'atta girl!

    the skies the limit!

    barman said...

    You are amazing Jenn but I have a hard time imagening how you could possibly lose much more weight. I think you look so super the way you are. Just simply incredible to get down 200 pounds and to do it a healthy way. I am so proud of you and what you have accomplished.

    Donna said...

    Congrats girl! You'r my person She-ro! :)

    Mona said...

    You Rock! That is all I can say!

    SignGurl said...

    Dark Lady~ Pretty crazy, huh?

    Kim~ I think I'm going to look for a new swimsuit today. Maybe some other new clothes. I hate wearing ones that don't fit :-)

    Lime~ 52.9% of myself to be exact. Thanks!

    Thick & Thin~ Merci!

    G-Man~ You know I don't have a mind to lose.

    G2~ Thanks, I think.

    Kimmy~ I'm on a roll now!! Woot!

    Barman~ Believe me, there is much more to be lost. The weight I should be for my height it 140 pounds max. I don't plan to lose that much. I would like to see and stay at 160.

    Donna~ You know you are mine!!

    stalkermom said...

    That is so awesome! I am so jealous of your pictures of you walking in the park! You always look great and your motivation is astounding!

    SignGurl said...

    Mona~ You sneaked in there on me. Thank you so much!

    Stalkermom~ You are too sweet to me! Thank you!

    ell said...

    you are an inspiration!

    Queenie said...

    You are a fantastic example of what one can achieve, you have every reason to jump for joy.

    buffalodick said...

    Good job! You gotta feel like a new person!

    Lori said...

    My gawd Jen that is fabulous! You weigh the same as I do and I've only lost 11 1/2 lbs! lol
    I think of you daily and what you do..you really are a role model for me. Thank you for being who you are. I am so happy that I 'met' you online. HUGS

    SignGurl said...

    Missy~ Thank you! Believe me, there is still much of me on my lower half. I wish I could choose where it came off of :)

    Ell~ Thank you so much!

    Queenie~ I've been jumping all day!!

    BD~ I totally feel like the old me in a new body. It's really weird.

    Lori~ 11.5 pounds is awesome!! Even 10 pounds makes a difference. Great job!

    Sicilian said...

    Outstanding. . . .you should be very proud!
    Ciao

    Susy said...

    Oh hell ya Jenn! Proud of you!

    Bravo!

    The Savage said...

    I got 100 pounds on ya now... mas woot!

    KJ said...

    CONGRATS!!!!!