I'm All A'Twitter

    Tweet on Twitter

    Tuesday, August 19, 2008

    Cute As A Bug!



    Maybe you all remember that #1 got her driver's license about a month ago. We have spent the last few weeks trying to make 2 cars work for 3 drivers. What a pain!

    So, yesterday, we became the proud owners of a Volkswagon Beetle! Woot!! I've always wanted a bug since I was a little girl. My dad drove a lime green one with a moon roof in the '70s. Ever since then, I was hooked.

    The only issue we have with the new car is that it's a 5 speed and #1 didn't know how to drive a manual transmission. Being the super cool mom that I am, I took her out (after her father had screamed and yelled and totally intimidated her) and taught her how to drive that little beauty. She was impressed that I could burn rubber. That car has some get up and go.

    We live in one of the busiest cities in Michigan so I'm not quite ready to let her go just yet. I'm taking her to work with me today so she can practice in the country.






    In the meantime, I think this will be my car for a bit. I've named her Spunky. I think the moniker fits.

    18 comments:

    barman said...

    I like the accessory Spunky came with. It is better than a spare tire any day. Very nice new car there. Glad #1 adjusted to the stick. Except for a few bad things about driving stick (like being stopped on a hill), they really are a lot of fun.

    G-Man said...

    You two will be mistaken for sister's riding together in that little Bug.
    Very nice Jenn...xox

    stalkermom said...

    Oh man would my daughter be soooo jealous if she knew your daughter! She wanted a lime green one so bad when we were car shopping. She ended up with a silver Neon, but I still think it's cute!

    lime said...

    super cute car. and even cuter drivers.

    Sheri said...

    Nice little addition to what you're going through right now. I'm getting a tattoo to go with my truck

    Anonymous said...

    You are so brave driving a stick. Those things scare me. And I can relate to your car situation. We have two adults and one car.

    Roxi said...

    I hate you more then you can ever know your dirty little bitch.

    grrrrrrrrrrrr

    ell said...

    congrats on the new car, it's adorable! i always wanted to drive a stick, but never got the hang of it. my husband lost his patience and ordered me out of the driver's seat!

    Anonymous said...

    YOU are as cute as a bug, my dear! Pink is your color, i do believe!

    I always wanted one of those cars. It's such a cute car for your cute daughter! i know she will enjoy it!

    Missy said...

    Cute cute cute. I love those little bugs as well. Spunky suits that color too!

    The Savage said...

    A red Beetle.... very appropriate for the "new" you.

    KJ said...

    That car is awesome for a new driver!!!!

    Congrats and you look hot

    jillie said...

    What a great car and color and oh you look so cute in that bug!

    LOVE IT! My niece has one and she loves it loves it loves it! Does g-man know you bought it?

    xo

    Pam said...

    very cute car! everyone should know how to drive a stick, but there are two people who should never teach anyone how to drive it. one, is their father, and two, is their husband LOL

    my ex tried to teach me how to drive a stick, would yell a bit, then i told him to get out and let me do it on my own. he said, 'no, you'll strip the gears!' i said, 'if i strip that gears i think that would happen with or without you in the car!' we ended up buying a stick for our 2nd car, i had to drive it home and to work every day. that's how i learned.

    i think #1 is far better off having you teach her :)

    Mona said...

    Wow! that car sure is HOT!
    I love it! I love the color & I love its riders too! :)

    Lori said...

    What? She didn't want to drive the minivan??? Bwahahahhaha

    It's so cute!!!! And yup...Spunky is the perfect name for it. :)

    Big Pissy said...

    Little Pissy and I have both owned Beetles.

    We LOVED them!

    I know y'all are gonna have fun with Spunky.

    It's very "you" ;-)

    Anonymouse said...

    that is awesome! lol my oldest n I were just talking about her getting one... that is so funny. Way cute! Grats to #1