I'm All A'Twitter

    Tweet on Twitter

    Friday, October 24, 2008

    2 Years

    Two years ago tomorrow (10-25), I went into the operating room believing that if I died, I would be better off. I hated myself for what I had allowed myself to become. I weighed 384 pounds and was completely miserable. I knew that weight loss surgery was my last hope for a healthy life.

    Being a 37 year old that could barely climb the stairs to her bedroom makes one learn to take control of her life. My children had only known me as super morbidly obese and had missed out on so much in their won lives because of it.

    My life has changed in ways I never dreamed. Here is a list I compiled of things I wanted to do. I've done every one and many more.

    I had planned on making a big deal out of this anniversary since I hit my weight loss goal. Unfortunately, because I still don't have my laptop, this will have to suffice for now.


    December 2005, my friend Stephanie and me:


    Summer 2005 just before I dumped this 350:



    The next two pictures were taken by the talented Barman on a beautiful Autumn day:

    (if you click on the pictures, it will take you to Photobucket to see the rest)

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    It took me two hours to post this from the old computer, so I'll try and tweek it a bit when/if I get my laptop back.

    So, life is great, but strange at the same time. I'll be partying down this weekend at a Halloween party. I plan on having lots of fun on my special day.

    14 comments:

    lime said...

    you've come a long way, baby. congratulations. have a most wonderful weekend celebrating all the positive changes you've made.

    Roxi said...

    I am so proud of you babe!

    I am happy that you feel healthy ( or realativly so)
    I am happy that you are able to do things you weent before..
    I am happy that you are you
    and MOST of all... I am happy your alive.

    I LOVE YOU

    Kim H. said...

    You look phenominal, and are an inspiration to me everyday. I am just about 1 month out from my first anniversary and get a little depressed at my lack of progress - but just knowing that my journey isn't over is so helpful!

    barman said...

    You are gorgeous, you are healthy and you are living your life. What more could one ask for. Congratulations. Happy anniversary.

    Mona said...

    Happy anniversary Jenn! Barman is a whiz with a camera!

    Susy said...

    Love reading how you got your life back and how happy and free you feel. Jenn- you inspire me everyday to push myself like you have been doing for yourself.


    Have a great Halloween party and enjoy your freedom.

    I loved the pictures!

    Sicilian said...

    To hear the story. . . . not matter how many times I read it. . . amazes me to this day. You must take pride in the accomplishment. You have much to be thankful for this weekend.
    Ciao

    barman said...

    Mona, I like what Mr Sign did much more. But either way how can you lose when you are taking a picture of such a fun person.

    terry said...

    two years! look at all you've accomplished in that time. you're simply amazing.

    happy anniversary!

    Pam said...

    congratulations, sg. you definitely have come a long way both physically & mentally. what great pics barman took, too! you look awesome :) have fun celebrating.

    Big Pissy said...

    I'm am just SO proud of you!

    You took charge of your life and got healthy and as a bonus~are beautiful as well.

    Big hugs! :)

    kimmyk said...

    happy anniversary of your rebirthing!

    amazing changes and congrats on your to do list!

    g-man said...

    Pictures don't even come close to how beautiful you really are...
    You are ALWAYS the hottest chick in the room....G

    KJ said...

    Hope you had a great time at the party